Saturday, May 10, 2008

Learning to Juggle

When you first have a baby you have to get used to being a mom; caring for their every need and trying to care for your own basic needs. Then eventually you have to integrate being a wife back into the picture followed by being a responsible adult that does things like pay the bills and clean the house. It seems like there is an adjustment period as each new role is added when you feel like you are not succeeding at any of your roles. I'm just learning to juggle and someone keeps throwing new balls into the mix!

About the time of my last blog post I headed back to work bringing about the next adjustment period. One of the balls that got dropped was blogging. That may not seem like a big deal to you, but for me blogging is therapeutic and falls into the category of self-care. Hopefully, the fact that I found a few moments this morning to blog is a sign that I am starting to adjust and not that I am dropping a ball somewhere els--

Gotta go! One of my balls is whining to go out to the bathroom.

No comments: