Saturday, May 10, 2008

While Brian was in Portland...

Magnolia, Trudy, Otis, and I headed to Everett to stay with my parents. While we were there...I taught Magnolia how to play Mexican Train.

My mom was rejuvinated by Magnolia after spending the last three weeks caring for my ill grandfather. (That's the same chair she rock me in)

Nobody made it through the movie (Alvin and the Chipmunks) we tried to watch.

The dogs wrestled with their cousin Murphy.

In an effort to save some money, I asked my sister Alli to give me a haircut. It was her first girl haircut besides her own. I think she did a pretty good job.

After a long morning of yard-saling, Taylor and Maggie sacked out on the couch.

My dad enjoyed talking "philosophies" with Magnolia.

But adhering to his own fatherhood philosophy of only dealing with education and entertainment, quickly passed her back when she started to get fussy.

He also decided this weekend that he can never eat guacamole again after an unfortunate incident at Azteca. Let me just say that I spent the majority of our time at the restuarant in the women's restroom cleaning up Magnolia, myself and the carseat. Warning to all other new parents: If your child has been in their carseat for a long time and you suspect they might need a diaper change, do not pass them across the table to an eager grandparent without first checking said diaper.

2 comments:

calia said...

That girl has a great game-face! She gives nothing away whether your playing scrabble or Mexican train...she'll be one hot Texas Hold'em player!

Ben S. said...

well rushes - i'm a friend of a friend who reads your blog and i laughed out loud at your story about the restaurant. thanks for the laugh. maggie's a cutie despite the full diaper fiasco.