Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My First Mother's Day

I woke up Mother's Day morning to a beautiful bouquet and card with MAMA! written on the front. The card was touching and made me laugh out loud. Here is an excerpt, 
"Maggie told me she wanted to make you a craft but I had to gently remind her of her less than impressive motor skills and she wouldn't let me help. Finally she agreed to dedicate every smile today to you."
Throughout the day, whenever Magnolia smiled Brian reminded me that it was for me.

After church we headed up to White Rock, BC to Brian's sister, Lori's house. It was Magnolia's first time in Canada and her first time meeting her Great-Grandma Batiuk.  We ate take-out Chinese food and then headed to the beach for a stroll. That was my favorite part of the day -- I love being near the ocean. The rest of the day was pretty normal, but I did cherish every one of Maggie's smiles and there seemed to be more than usual that day.

I'm one happy Mama.

No comments: