Directions: (I've yet to try it at home, but I'd love to perfect it)
- A ladle full of batter is spread over the hot griddle.
- Then an egg is cracked on top and gently scrambled until it is set into the crepe.
- The best chefs sprinkle cilantro and chives on to the egg before flipping the crepe.
- Once flipped, hoisin, plum, chili or fermented tofu sauce is lightly painted on with a brush. I have no idea which my vendor uses.
- Next, the bing -- a deep fried cracker -- is placed in the middle.
- Quickly, the crepe is folded around the bing, cracked with a metal spatula and scooped into a plastic bag.
Delicious, filling, and only 3.5 yuan (55 cents!).