Thursday, November 10, 2011

*Red* Cup

Just after Halloween, many friends were posting on facebook about the arrival of the Red Cups. So I decided to take the longer walk to the Liangmaqiao subway station to see if they made it to Beijing.

Nope. 

I was surprised. Afterall, red is China's color. I got my Chai Tea stand in -- Black Tea Latte, and headed to school. 

Then, a week or so later, I headed back to my favorite local Starbucks for a pick me up. I frequent Starbucks way more here than I did at home. Partially, it is their amazing Honey Raisin Muffins. But, mostly it helps soothe homesickness. The caffeine doesn't hurt either. 

This time, the store was decked out Christmas style. When my order was complete, I was handed my Red Cup. I never really understood the craze over the Red Cups. But this year, it felt like home.

Now, if I could only get them to import some Chai Tea...


No comments: