Friday, March 13, 2009

Wondertime

Today, I had my regular check-up for baby #2. As usual, I had a long wait in the waiting room, then another long wait in the exam room. It was perfect! I went through withdrawals when my regular doctor's appointments stopped after Magnolia was born. I did not miss the regular weigh-ins that showed my weight skyrocketing, but I did miss the few quiet moments to read magazines.

I discovered one of my favorites during one of these respites: Wondertime. It is a breath of fresh air compared to the other offered magazines: Fly-fishing and Parenting: What Moms Want (does that slogan bug anyone else?). Wondertime's slogan is "celebrate you child's love of learning"-- much more my style.

A little over a year ago, while we were doing one of the non-stress tests waiting for Magnolia to make her grand entrance, Brian read one of my favorite articles aloud to me: Confessions of a Mommy Blogger. If you are a parent and blog about your kids, it is a must read. It made us think and laugh -- a great combination.

Brian got me a subscription after Magnolia was born. We continue to enjoy every issue. The December issue was one of our favorites: ideas for how to cut back during the holidays and create interesting traditions. The most recent issue had a design for creating the coolest play room, complete with rock-climbing into the sky light. Brian wants one. For himself.

A year subscription is only $13, but they have a great website if your family is trying to cut back.

By the way, Baby #2 has a healthy heartbeat, is moving regularly, but is measuring a little big. I'm fine, except, for the first time, the doctor is concerned about my weight gain, which made it really hard to come home to Nana's homemade monster cookies...maybe I'll just have half.

1 comment:

Ben S. said...

i discovered this magazine at the library - the only parenting mag that i'd allow myself to read pre=pregnancy! it has great articles and is just pretty to look at. i can't believe a subscription is only $13...i'm off to sign up. :)