Thursday, March 19, 2009

Shoes

Recently, I have been surprised by how much Magnolia understands and acts on what I say. So I've been testing it out.

Coming up the stairs, I told Magnolia that we were going Bye-Bye and to go ask her Papa to put on her shoes. When we reached the living room at the top of the stairs, she bee lined to her Papa's studio saying "Papa, Papa, Papa." When she arrived and had his attention, she proceeded to bend at the waist and touch her toes, and then look at him with an expectant look.

"Shan, what did you tell her to tell me?"

I've tried it out with asking her to put Mona to bed, sit in her chair and talk to Auntie Alli on the phone. It works! Usually. It *almost* feels like a new trick. Though, not yet as cool as this one. Really it is just exciting to be able to take our communication to the next level. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She has always been so smart!
Nana