Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Mama holda you"

"Mama holda you" was the soundtrack to my spring break. Two sick girls was not in my plan for my week off from work. While Magnolia was the only one using words, Kaleia conveyed her message with screams and out-stretched arms, flinging her body in my general direction.

The first few days it was music to this working mom's ears. All the snuggles and hugs filled me up. Soon the protests for "Mama do it" whenever Brian tried to help became ridiculous. By the end of the week, I was exhausted and the once sweet melody of "Mama holda you" was tiresome.

I still struggled to go back to work, heading to another group of whiny toddlers--I mean teenagers--that want me to do everything for them. Monday morning Magnolia struggled too. She sat in bed protesting getting out of bed until Mama came to do it. She eventually gave in. The balance is being restored. It has to.  

No comments: