Sunday, June 1, 2008

Graduation Party, Baby Shower, Birth Class Reunion, and Hooray for Maggie!

This was a weekend packed with celebrations! Magnolia and I drove South to Marysville after work on Friday for Peter Clark's Graduation/18th Birthday party. The Clarks are long time family friends and I used to babysit Peter and his siblings. I can't believe he is heading off to college (SPU) in the fall.

After staying the night at my parents' house in Everett, Maggie and I donned our party clothes yet again and drove to West Seattle. There we helped host our good friend Jacqueline Hawkins's first baby shower. We were responsible for the games -- right up our alley. We played guess the flavor of baby food, guess what's in the diaper (mostly melted chocolate bars, but I put in some realistic looking grey poupon in one diaper for fun), diaper bag bingo, and decorating onesies. It was great to celebrate Jacqueline and baby boy Hawkins. It will be fun to have kids so close in age.

Ladies enjoying the yummy brunch.
Jacqueline's sister, Claire, smelling one of the diapers.
Krysta French creating her masterpiece.

Four Firwood Friends

After the baby shower, Magnolia and I again got in the car and drove to Bellingham for our Bradley birth class reunion. Not everybody could make it, but it was fun to see those that did and here about their experiences. This picture was taken at one of our last classes, a few days after my due date. The girl in overalls to my right was due just after me, believe it or not, and had her baby, Ashby, a day early. So Magnolia is the second oldest in class, but she was the biggest and most alert by far. But the boys are beginning to catch up...


Jesse, Truman, Ashby, Magnolia and Justin (not pictured: Tyler and Lucas)

Magnolia loved meeting all the people, especially the other babies. Even though we had a packed weekend she was still ready to play when we got home. She was talking and stretching her legs on her playmat while I chatted with my mom on the phone when suddenly she rolled over!

No comments: