Sunday, April 19, 2015

2015 Tuition on the Track


Excitement Everywhere.
Sweat rolling down my face.
Running, happily around the track.
Talking, running, and walking with my senior buddy.
Thirst and stamps after every lap.
Hot sun shining brightly out.
Hot track, hot day, and hot people.
Loud speaker, noises everywhere, people talking and blasting music.
One lap, then two hugs for Mama and Papa.
14 colorful dots at the end.



---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rough Draft:
Focused on action words and capturing all of the senses


Maggie's phone solicitation script:
Most of the time Maggie just left a message. If you were lucky enough to get her on the phone, the above was read with little punctuation or pausing to have a conversation with the potential donor. Usually the phone was handed off to Kaleia with much urging "Now, you ask for money." To which Kaleia's "script" was "Can I have some money too?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great writing about your experience that day. So creative! I love that you have so much fun and then are able to write about it in a way that makes me feel like I was there.
Hugs and kisses,
Nana