Friday, May 11, 2007

I Got In!

Today I was accepted to Azusa Pacific University's Master of Fine Arts (MFA) program.

Teaching high school art for a year has confirmed my love for teaching but I long for deeper conversations and students who crave learning. The MFA will enable me to teach college in the future and develop my practice now.

The program begins in less than two months, on July 5. I go for three weeks every July and one weekend each January for four years. So we won't have to move. I just get a nice California vacation every 6 months.

About APU: Azusa Pacific is a comprehensive, Christian, evangelical university which lies 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles in the San Gabriel Valley. The university offers more than 50 areas of undergraduate study, 21 master’s degrees, and 5 doctorates to a total student population of more than 8,100. For the fifth consecutive year, Azusa Pacific University secured a place among the Top 25 of U.S.News & World Report’s 2006 America’s Best Colleges Western Universities-Master’s classification.

No comments: